School Field Trips
All of our programs are free! Reservations are first-come, first-served for trip dates between mid-November and early May annually, depending upon staff availability.
Field Trip Visits to the Museum are scheduled in 60-minute slots at 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM or 12 Noon; timing is flexible if you are traveling from outside the SF Bay area. Because of space limitations, only 1 class is booked per time slot, maximum 35 students. The visit includes a self-guided tour and worksheet in the gallery, and a docent-led activity in the workshop. The activities are best suited for grades 3-8, but can be adapted for all ages with advance planning.
Self-Guided Group Tours in the Museum are also available by special arrangement with advance registration.
To book a field trip or group tour, check museum availability for the current semester, then contact Christine Fogarty at email@example.com or (415) 405-0599 with:
- your name
- school's name and address
- 3 dates you'd like to visit
- the time of your visit
- # students and # chaperones (we require 1:4 for grades K-5, or 1:6 for grades 6-8)
- the grade level of your class
- an email or phone number at which we can reach you and finalize details.